Warrior Cats Creator
Welcome!
We enjoy new members and are always happy for some new roleplayers. WCC (Warrior Cats Creator) is full of fun things to do. There is a game section, a roleplay section, a Non-Warrior Cat Related section, a New Here? Section, and a Help! Section. Interested? All you have to do is register. Please, only warrior or tribe names unless you want to join BloodClan or be a Rogue/Loner/Kittypet. If you need help, always feel free to ask an Admin. If they aren't available then ask a Mod. Don't forget to tell your friends about this Site!
Hope To See You Around~ The Admins: Echostar, Cherrystar, and FawnStar.
[Important] Guide of the Clans Pokeball_kitty_gif

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Cats Creator
Welcome!
We enjoy new members and are always happy for some new roleplayers. WCC (Warrior Cats Creator) is full of fun things to do. There is a game section, a roleplay section, a Non-Warrior Cat Related section, a New Here? Section, and a Help! Section. Interested? All you have to do is register. Please, only warrior or tribe names unless you want to join BloodClan or be a Rogue/Loner/Kittypet. If you need help, always feel free to ask an Admin. If they aren't available then ask a Mod. Don't forget to tell your friends about this Site!
Hope To See You Around~ The Admins: Echostar, Cherrystar, and FawnStar.
[Important] Guide of the Clans Pokeball_kitty_gif
Warrior Cats Creator
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be the warrior cat that you always wanted to be in this fun forum! Anybody is welcome to join!

Invite your friends, family, acquaintances, pets, neighbors, your gov. district officials, or anybody who loves Warrior Cats! This forum accepts all who are dedicated! So please, we'd appreciate it greatly if you'd help us get more members! Very Happy
Join the Roleplay "WCZ Official RP" It will be fun!
Ask for any open rank in your clan! You'll most likely get it right away or battle for it depending on who else wants it!
Bored? Then read "Adder In The Grass" or "Sun & Moon" both written by Speckleleaf!
Post in the Game Section! Add on to a game or create your own.
Want a mate? Post in Find Your Mate to find one!
Wanna join a clan? Go to the bottom of the home page. Click on the clan you want to join. Ask to be put in it and you will be!
Be sure to join "Stormclan's Rise" RP!

Latest topics

» Hello everyone I’m new!
by Cherrystar Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:17 am

» more active
by Cherrystar Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:41 pm

» Hi!
by Sandtail Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:14 am

» Urgent help needed
by Sandtail Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:58 am

» Hello! I am FireWhisker!
by Windstripe Sun May 13, 2018 3:08 pm

» Yum or Yuck!
by FireWhisker Thu May 10, 2018 5:11 am

» I need a mate!
by FireWhisker Wed May 09, 2018 6:57 pm

» What FireWhisker looks like and his bio.
by FireWhisker Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:04 pm

» ummmm... hello?
by FireWhisker Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:40 pm

» WCZ (Renewed-Official)
by Windstripe Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Affiliates
Our Affiliate:
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Others Affiliate:
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

ROA

LWC

You are not connected. Please login or register

[Important] Guide of the Clans

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[Important] Guide of the Clans Empty [Important] Guide of the Clans Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:52 pm

Cherrystar

Cherrystar
Admin
RiverClan Leader

AdminRiverClan Leader

Here is a lot of information about the Clans...If you have forgotten anything about Warriors, then you could check here for a reminder. The list is VERY long, so be prepared... Btw, there will be multiple posts involved.

Warrior Code:
1. Defend your clan, even at the cost of your life. You may have friendships with cats from other clans, but your loyalty must remain with your clan, as one day you may meet them in batle.
2. Do not hunt, or trespass in other clans territory
3. Elders and kits must be fed before apprentices and warriors. Unless they have permission, apprentices may not eat until they have hunted and fed the elders.
4. Prey is killed only to be eaten. Thanks Starlcan for its life.
5. A kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.
6. Newly appointed warriors will keep vigil for one night after recieving their warrior name.
7. A cat can not beomce deputy without having at least mentored one apprentice.
8. The deputy will become the clan leader when the leader dies of retires
9. After the death of retirement of a deputy, a new deputy must be chosen.
10. A gathering of all 4 clans is held at the full moon during a truce that lasts for the night.
11.Boundaries must be checked and marked daily. Challenge all trespassing cats.
12. No warrior may neglect a kit in pain or in danger, even if that kit is from a different clan.
13. The word of the clan leader is the warrior code.
14. An honarable warrior does not need to kill other cats to win his battles, unless they are outside the warrior code or it is necessary for self-defence.
15. A warrior rejects teh soft life of a kittypet.

Clan Ceremony's:

Calling a clan meeting: Leader: Let all cat old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the
(place. Ex: High Rock) for a clan meeting.

The Apprentice Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting)
Leader: (name of warrior chosen to be mentor),you are now ready to take on an apprentice.You will mentor (new apprentice's name). (Mentor's name), you have shown yourself to be (virtue #1.Ex:loyal) and (virtue #2.Ex: always treats others with respect.). And now I ask you to pass down all you know to this apprentice.
Mentor and apprentice touch noses.

The Warrior Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting)
Leader: I, (leader's name), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code and I commend him/her to you as a warrior in his/her turn. (Apprentice's name), do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect the clan, even at the cost of your life?
Warrior to-be: I do
Leader: Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. (Apprentice's name), from this moment on, you will be known as (apprentice's new warrior name). Starclan honors your (virtue #1) and (virtue #2), and we welcome you as a full warrior of (name of clan).
Leader puts his/her head on the newly-made warrior's shoulder and the new warrior licks the leader's shoulder respectfully.The rest of the clan chants the new warriors name

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony: (Ceremony Held with Clan / Leader calls a clan meeting)
Medicine Cat: Cats of (name of clan), as you know, I will not be around forever. So it's time I took an apprentice.I have chosen a cat who has shown (virtue.Ex.great interest in following the path of a medicine cat).Your next medicine cat will be (apprentice's name). Leader: (Name of apprentice), do you accept the post of apprentice to (medicine cat's name)?
Apprentice: Yes, (leader's name).
Medicine Cat: Then at the half-moon, you must travel to the Moonpool to be accepted by Starclan before the other medicine cats. Leader: The good wishes of all (name of clan) will go with you.
Medicine cat and Apprentice touch noses

Medicine Cat Apprentice Ceremony:(At Moonpool)
Medicine Cat: (Apprentice's name), is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?
Medicine Cat apprentice: It is.
Medicine Cat: Then come forward.
*Apprentice pads forward*
Medicine Cat: Warriors of Starclan, I present you with this apprentice. He/She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her/him your wisdom and insight so that he/she may understand your ways and heal her/his clan in accordance with your will.
Both medicine cat and apprentice lays down before the Moonpool and dream.

Medicine Cat Ceremony: (At MoonPool)
Medicine Cat: I, (medicine cat's name), medicine cat of (name of clan), call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/she has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help he/she will serve his/her clan for many moons to come. (medicine cat apprentice's name), do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clans and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of
your life?
Medicine cat to-be: I do. Medicine Cat: Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your true name as a medicine cat. (Medicine cat apprentice's name), from the moment on, you will be known as (Medicine cat apprentice's new name). Starclan honors your (virtue #1) and (virtue #2), and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of (name of clan)
Medicine cat puts his/her head on the new medicine cat's head and the new medicine cat licks his/her mentor's shoulder respectfully. Other medicine cats chant the new medicine cat's name.

Appointing a New Deputy: (Leader calls a clan meeting. Always before the next moonhigh)
Leader: I say these words before Starclan, that the spirits of our warrior ancestors may hear and approve of my choice.The new deputy of (name of clan) is (warrior's name)!

Name Changing Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: Spirits of StarClan, you know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she/he is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment she/he will be known as (New name) for (reason).
Leader puts her/his head on the newly name warriors shoulder. The newly-named warrior licks the leader's shoulder in respect.

Dying Apprentice Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: I ask my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. He/She has learned the warrior code and has given up his/her life in service of his/her Clan. Let StarClan recieve him/her as a warrior. His/Her name will be __________, because _________. Let StarClan recieve him/her by the name of __________.

Elder Ceremony: (Leader calls a clan meeting.)
Leader: ___________, is it your wish to give up the name of warrior and go join the elders?
Warrior/Elder: It is.
Leader: Your Clan honors you and all the service you have given us. I call upon StarClan to give you many seasons of rest.

Cat Language:

● Touching noses - “I like you!”

● Lick on the cheek - “I really like you.”

● Lick on the ear - Comforting.

● Lick on forehead - “I love you!” / “Will you be my mate?”

● Brushing tail on back or flank - Calming.

● Lick under/on belly - “I want kits.”

● Touching nose to cheek - “I’m happy for you” / Comforting.

● Nuzzle - Comfort / “You’re hilarious!” (The second is for mates)

● Touch nose to cheek - “I’m glad you’re here.” (For lovers)

● Lick own chest fur - To hide embarrassment.

● Lick on the shoulder - Respect.

● Lick on the tail - “Will you be my mate?”

● Lick on the paw - “You are my friend!”

● Lick below the chin - “I want you forever!”

● Lick on the nose - “Do you want to play?”

● Rubs tail anywhere - Flirty, comforting or curious.

● Rubbing against you - “I like you.” / “Don’t worry.” / “I love you.”

● Licking constantly - Cleaning.

● Flat ears - “Back off!”

● Bares teeth - “Get away from me!"

● Lunging at you - “Back off now!”

● Roll on your back - “You are stronger than me, I respect you.”

● Tail tucked - Scared.

● Growling/Hissing/Spitting - Angry or accenting

Tail Signals:

Tail Held Erect - Stop.
Tail Rippling - Move forward, with care.
Tail Held Erect and Sweeping from side to side - Retreat Silently.
Tail Pointing Low, Parallel to ground, and sweeping - Spread Out.
Tail Bobbing - Enemy Sighted.
Tail Hooked - Danger.
Tail Pointed - Go That Way.
Tail held Erect and waving from side to side - Stay Behind Me.
Tail Kinked over Back - Follow Me.

Warrior Terms:

Apprentices: A cat of six moons or older, in training to become a warrior. Name always ends in paw.

Crow-Food: Rotting food.

Dark Forest: An evil cat who has died, they do not go to StarClan, but to the Dark Forest.

Deputies: Like a secondary leader to the clan—a warrior with special privileges that is higher than all cats except for his leader and medicine cats.

Elders: Warriors that have retired as a result of a disability or old age.

Fox Dung: An insult; stronger offense than mousebrain.

Fresh-Kill: Recently killed prey.

Gatherings: A meeting that the Clans hold together in peace every full moon.

Greencough: A severe chest infection that can be fatal to elders and young kits.

Greenleaf: Summer.

Greenleaf Twolegplace: A place where twolegs live, but only in the summer.

Halfbridge: A dock/pier.

Horseplace: Fields and stables near the lake where the half-tamed cats live.

Housefolk: A kittypet's name for its human.

Kits: Kittens; cats of six moons or younger. Always end in kit, except for the exception of a few "crazies."

Kittypet: A house cat.

Leaders: The most powerful cat in a Clan; has nine lives and always ends in star. Leads the clan and does ceremonies.

Leaf-bare: Winter.

Leaf-fall: Fall/Autumn.

Loner: A cat that peacefully lives on its own in one place, but doesn't defend its territory.

Medicine Cats: The healers of the clan, the highest authority except for the leader. They're the closest to Starclan.

Monster: Usually refers to twoleg machines, such as cars and bulldozers.

Moon: One month, or four weeks. (Half moon = two weeks; Quarter moon = one week.)

Moonhigh: The time of night when the moon is highest—usually midnight.

Mousebrained: Not very smart.

Mouse Dung: An insult; stronger offense than Mousebrained but less offense than Fox Dung.

Newleaf: Spring.

Nofurs: Another name for twolegs.

Queens: A pregnant she-cat, or a she-cat that's nursing kits.

Rogue: A potentially hostile cat that lives outside the clans, and never stays too long in one place.

Sharing Tongues: A term used to describe cats grooming each other.

Silverpelt: The Milky Way Galaxy.

Sun-Drown-Place: The sea to the west, where the sun sets.

Sunhigh: Noon.

Thunderpath: A road.

Tree-Eater: Bulldozer.

Twoleg Nest: A twoleg house.

Twolegplace: A human town/city.

Twolegs: The Clans' name for humans.

Upwalkers: Another name for Twolegs.

Warriors: Full members of the Clans.

Whitecough: A mild chest infection.

Measurements:

Mouselength - About an inch
Kittenstep - Less than an inch
Rabbitlength/Taillength - About a foot
Foxlength - About a yard

Times and Seasons (Explained more):

Leaf-bare - The season of winter
Newleaf - The season of spring
Greenleaf - The season of summer
Leaf-fall - The season of autumn
Quarter-moon - A week
Moon - A 28-day period (one full moon to another), a month
Moonhigh - 12 o'clock a.m. (midnight)
Sunhigh - 12 o'clock p.m. (noon)

Ranks (More Explained):

Leader - The cat who leads the clan.
Deputy - The cat who is secong-in-command and follows the leader's orders.
Medicene Cat - A cat who is trained specifically for healing and medicine.
Warrior - A cat trained to defend, hunt for, and fight for their clan.
Queen - A she-cat expecting or nursing kits.
Apprentice - A cat who is in training to become a warrior or medicine cat, the apprentice must be 6 moons old to begin training.
Kit - A cat 6 moons old and less. A kitten.
Elder - A retired warrior, medicene cat, or leader.
Kittypet - A house cat; the term can also be used as an insult.
Loner - A cat who is neither owned by humans or part of a Clan.
Rogue - Another term for loner; some cats find it offensive.
Twoleg - A human.

Last edited by Cherrystar on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://reverieofaurlia.forumotion.com

2[Important] Guide of the Clans Empty Re: [Important] Guide of the Clans Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Cherrystar

Cherrystar
Admin
RiverClan Leader

AdminRiverClan Leader

Medicine Cat Herbs:

1. Borage Leaves are blue and pink star shaped flowers with hairy leaves. They are chewed and eaten. Borage increases milk in queens and brings down fevers.
2. Burdock Root is a tall-stemmed, sharp-smelling thistle with dark leaves. It is applied to bites and cures infection.
3. Catmint is a delicious-smelling, leafy plant, found in Twoleg gardens. It is eaten and is a remedy for Greencough.
4. Chervil is a sweet-smelling plant with large fernlike leaves and small white flowers. Its leaves can be applied to wounds. The roots are generally chewed and eaten. The leaves cure infection and roots helps bellyache.
5. Cobweb are well, cobwebs. You wrap them around a injury to stop the bleeding.
6. Coltsfoot is a flowering plant that looks like a dandelion with yellow or white flowers. It is chewed into pulp and eaten. It helps shortness of breath.
7. Comfrey are large leaves and small bell-shaped flowers, which can be pink, white, or purple. The roots are chewed into poultice which soothes wounds or mends broken bones.
8. Deathberries are small red berries. If eaten they will kill a cat *DONT USE*
9. Dock is similar to sorrel. The leaves are chewed up and applied. It soothes scratches.
10. Dried Oak leaf is collected in Autumn. It is brown with five points and applied to wounds to stop infections.
11. Feverfew is a small bush with flowers like daisies. The leaves are eaten. It cools down body temperatures for cats with a fever or chills.
12. Goldenrod is a tall plant with yellow flowers. It is chewed into poultice and applied to wounds to heal them.
13. Honey is a sweet, golden liquid. It is swallowed. It is used for soothing the throats of cats who breathed smoke.
14. Horsetail is a tall plant with bristly stems.It is chewed and applied to wounds as a poultice. It is used for treating infected wounds.
15. Juniper Berries are bushes with spiky dark green leaves and purple berries. They are eaten and soothes bellyache and helps cats who are having trouble breathing.
16. Lavender are small purple flowering plants. When eaten they cure fevers.
17. Marigold is a bright orange or yellow flower that grows low to the ground. Its petals or leaves are chewed into pulp and applied to wounds to stop infection.
18. Mouse Bile is a bad-smelling liquid. It is dabbed in moss soaked in bile on a tick. It is used to remove ticks.
19. Poppy Seeds are small black seeds shaken from the head of a dried poppy flower. They are eaten to soothe shock and distress and eases pain.
20. Stinging Nettle are spiny green seeds that are eaten or applied to wounds. They are eaten to dispel poison and applied to bring down swelling.
21. Tansy is a strong-smelling plant with round yellow flowers. It is eaten in small doses and cures cough.
22. Thyme are small dusky green leaves on a brittle stem. They are eaten to calm anxiety and frayed nerves.
23. Watermint is a leafy green plant found in watery places. It is chewed into pulp and eaten. It helps bellyache.
24. Wild garlic is a strong, green stemmed plant with no leaves. If a cat rolls in it, it prevents infections.
25. Yarrow is a flowering plant. Its leaves are made into poultice and applied to wounds. Yarrow expels poison from scratches or wounds, if swallowed, will make a cat vomit however.

Sicknesses:

Cough - A sickness that is like a human cold. Symptoms are just coughs and sneezes, though it can be dangerous to kits or young cats. The best Treatment is Tansy.

Greencough - A sickness similar to pneumonia that is often rampant among the Clans in leaf-bare. Symptoms include wheezing, coughing, pus excreted from the eyes, sneezing, fever, and green phlegm streaming from the nose. The best treatment is Catmint and Feverfew.

Whitecough - A mild sickness like a cold. More common than greencough, but can become greencough or even the fatal blackcough. Symptoms include sneezing, coughing, white phlegm streaming from the nose, and a slightly high temperature. The best treatment is Catmint.

Blackcough A fatal sickness that spells certain death for any cat who catches it. Symptoms are intense chest pain, weezing, and coughing. It is a rare sickness for the cats, and the best treatment is Catmint.

Chill - A very mild ailment usually caused by very cold weather or falling into icy water. Much like whitecough, but with cold chills instead of fever. The best treatment would be Catmint, feverfew, and lavender.

Cracked pads - A painful ailment usually seen in elderly cats. The paw pads crack from cold or dryness, and if untreated can lead to infection. Symptoms include swelling of the paws and pain. The best treatment is Marigold, Dock, and poppy seed if there is pain.

Aching Joints Basically arthritis in cats. Caused by age or damp weather. Symptoms include pain and stiffness. The best treatment is anything that cures pain other than poppy seeds.

Bleeding - Blood loss due to injury, such as a wound sustained in battle. Severity depends on injury. The best treatment is cobwebs pressed onto the wound.

Poisoning - The case of eating deathberries, poisoned fresh-kill, or a snakebite. The best treatment is yarrow, stinging nettle, and in the case of getting bite by a snake Snake root.

Poisons to cats:

Apple seeds - The seeds are mildly poisonous, containing amygdalin.

Chocolate - Contains theobromine at levels toxic to cats and dogs.

Deathberries - Deathberries are an extremely poisonous species of red berries, and are known to Twolegs as yew berries.

Holly Berries - Holly berries, while not as dangerous as deathberries, are still a danger to kits.

Foxglove seeds - Foxglove seeds are known to be a dangerous medicine. While they can help the heart, they can easily cause paralysis and heart failure. Can be mistaken for poppy seeds.

Nightshade - Twenty berries consumed can kill you, cause memory loss, or incabability of learning. Used to kill a cat who cannot be saved quickly, it is poisonous.

White snakeroot - All parts are poisonous, causing nausea and vomiting.

Yew - Can be used to contract poison as a medicine, or causing to vomit if consumed.

Healing Treatments and Mixtures:

Aching Joints - Ragwort leaves, Juniper berries, Goldenrod, or Daisy leaves
Bee Stings - Blackberry leaves
Broken Bones - Wrap in cobwebs, put on comfrey pulp, use poppy seeds to dull pain
Bellyache - Chervil, Watermint, or Juniper berries. Also, try a trip to the dirtplace.
Coughs (whitecough or greencough) - Use either Catmint, Honey, or Tansy, and keep the cat away from other cats.
Cuts in Eye - Trickle Celandine juice into the eye to ease the pain.
Deep Wounds Cobwebs, Marigold, or Horsetail.
Displaced Bones - Give poppy seed, wait for effect, then have cat bite stick while you give the leg a tug and hear it click into place, give them another poppy seed so they sleep.
Dull Pain - Use poppy seed, then when it takes effect preform treatment, give them another to sleep.
Hurting Throat - Honey, or water.
Nettle Stings - Dock leaf pulp, give poppy seed so it dulls the pain and helps cat sleep.
Poison - If poison is in stomach, give cat yarrow leaves so they vomit the poison, have them vomit onto dock leaves
Prevent Infection and Soothe Pain for Burns - Comfrey, honey
Poultice for aching joints - Ragwort leaves and juniper berries.
Poultice for broken bones - Stinging nettle and comfrey.
Rat Bites - A poultice of burdock root with cobwebs on top, and horsetail if it is available
Scratches - Marigold, horsetail
Shock - Thyme or Chamomile. Lick fur to comfort, give water and poppy seeds.
Stiffness - Crushed poppy seeds, marigold or comfrey.
Strengthening Herbs - Tansy, watermint, or feverfew.
Toothache - Use alder bark.
Traveling and Strengthening Herbs - Chamomile, burnet, daisy leaves or sorrel. Lambs ear and ragweed also work.
Wrenched Muscles - Comfrey, nettle and/or water therapy.

Healing Remedies without using herbs:

Gently Nip Spine or Poke with Claw - This tests to see if the backbone is broken, if they don't feel it, then it is broken.
Lick Fur - It clean wounds, brings down shock, and warms a cold cat (lick fur the wrong way).
Moss Soaked in Water - Sick or injured or weak cats can drink, and can be used to cool feverish cats. It is also helpful in kitting.
Rosemary, Mint - This is used to lighten the death-scent of a dead cat before burial. It is also respectful.
Sweeten Herbs - Use necter, honey or mouse blood.
Water Soaking - Hold swelling wound in cold water, it takes down swelling and also soothes scraped pads.
Water Therapy - Have a cat with weak or hurting muscles or bone wade in water, eventually they'll get stronger.
Wailing, Yowling - If the cat does not have a sore throat, it keeps lungs and chest clear.

Herb Care:

If herbs are wet, leave them out in the sun to dry.
Gather fresh herbs when stock gets short.
Leave enough of the herb on its plant so it can reproduce when in season.
Check herb store often, and throw out old or weak herbs.
Wrap honey in dock leaves, with rhubarb to keep fresh.
Use bark strips to finish the leaf wrap, or keep the herbs together so they can be fresh.

Medicine Cat Code:

† Medicine Cats are allowed to cross territorys.
† Medicine Cats can't have a mate,or kits.
† Medicine Cats may cross territorys to help another Clan.
† Medicine Cats must learn battle moves.
† Medicine Cats must do everything they can to help a cat or kit in need.

3[Important] Guide of the Clans Empty Re: [Important] Guide of the Clans Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:55 pm

Cherrystar

Cherrystar
Admin
RiverClan Leader

AdminRiverClan Leader

Hunting Techniques:

Hunter's Crouch - Keep your body low with your tail sticking straight ahead. Hind legs must be ready to leap and front paws must be ready to pounce. Is also a good fighting techinique.

Fishing Catch - When fishing in a lake or river.keep your reflection away from the water. When the fish comes, quickly hook your paw into the water and scoop the fish onto the surface. Finish it off with a quick killing bit.

Squirrel Race - When the squirrel runs up a tree to escape, you quickly run up the trunk beside the squirrel until your fast enough to block it to the top of the tree. You chase it down next and hopefully catch it. Very complicated technique.

Bird Leap - When the bird is aware that it is being hunted and begins to fly up, you leap as high as you can and bat the bird back down. Recommended for older apprentices to learn.

Mouse Stalker - Keep your pawsteps light on the ground and try to slide them so the mouse won't feel your pawsteps.

Rabbit Fishing - A techinique when you are desperate for prey. Find a rabbit hole and make sure a rabbit's in there. Then, wait silently until rabbit's head pops out. Scoop it out like you are fishing, and hopefully catch it.

Battle Moves:

Back kick - Explosive surprise more to catch opponent from Behind. Judge opponents distances from you carefully, then lash out with you back legs, taking the weight on your front paws.

Back rake - A bit like Belly rake, if your a SkyClan cat this move works best. If your fighting a cat from the front, jump over the cats head and score your claws down their back.

Belly rake - A fight stopper. Slice with unsheathed claws across soft flesh of opponents belly. If your pinned down, the belly rake quickly puts you back in control.

Double death bite - Seems dishonorable and is only used against very evil cats. A partner and you take on one cat. Once you've got a hold of your opponent, your partner helps hold down enemy cat, and you both bite hard down on enemy cat's throat. Two pairs of jaws will cut off airway and cat will choke to death. Like I said, it's considered dishonorable and would only be used against evil cats like Tigerstar.

Dizzy dance - Only can be preformed by a extremely small and quick cat against a larger and at least somewhat slower cat. The cat charges head on then swiftly leaped sideways, ducking under the cat then as soon as the cat preforming this attack is out from under the other cat it spins and leaps over it. Then once More spins but rams the side then jumps over/goes under the cat and rams the other side then land one final blow by leaping onto the cat's back and grabbing the scruff with teeth and using your free paws to batter the cat's head. This attack should in the end result in a dizzy or confused enemy.

Dizzy tackle - A great move for swift young warriors facing older, larger warriors. You run in circles around them at top speed until their to dizzy or tired (if the were chasing you) to keep up. Then you tackle them. While they are down, attack. Caution, standing directly over them makes you vulnerable to the Belly Rake. This is a One-on-one move and is not recommended in a place with many foes.

Front paw blow - Frontal Attack. Bring your front paws down hard on you opponents head, claws unsheathed.

Front paw strike - Frontal attack. Slice downward with your front paw at the body or face of your opponent. Claws unsheathed.

Killing bite - A death blow to the back of the neck. Quick and silent and sometimes considered dishonorable. Used only as a last resort.

Leap and hold - Ideal for a small cat facing a large opponent. Spring onto the opponents back and grip with unsheathed claws. Now you are beyond the range of your opponent paws and in the position to inflict severe body wounds. A group of apprentices can defeat a large and dangerous warrior in this way.

Leap-and-cover - Ideal for making your opponent feel much pain, leap onto your opponent's back and put your paws over their eyes. For the moment the opponent is blinded, sink your claws into the soft skin around their eyes. If your opponent doesn't run away, take advantage of their temporary blindness and perform leap-and-hold move.

Making sure - You never know if a opponent is actually dead. When an opponent goes limp, they become vunerable, so make sure they are really dead. Bite and slash. Claws unsheathed. When you think they have gone to StarClan, pray and leave.

Partner fighting - Warriors who have trained and fought together will often instinctively fall into a paired defensive position, each protecting the others back while fending off an opponent o either side. Slashing, clawing, and leaping together, battle pairs can be whirlwind of danger for attackers.

Play dead - Effective in a tight situation, such as when you are pinned. Stop struggling and go limp. When your opponent relaxed his grip, thinking you are defeated, push yourself up explosively. This will throw off an unwary opponent and you are in the attacking position.

Scruff shake - Secure a strong teeth grip in the scuff of your opponents neck, then shake violently until he or she is to rattled to fight back. Most effective against rats, which are small enough to throw. A strong throw will stun or kill them.

Tail trip - The opponent moves to you and at the right moment, trip them with your tail.

Teeth grip - Target your opponents extremists- the legs, tail, scuff, or ears- ans sink in your teeth and hold. This move is similar to the leap and hold, except your claws remain free to fight.

Unbalancing act - If a cat is going to bring down all its weight on you while rearing on its back legs, role towards your opponents hind legs to unbalance him.

Upright lock - Finial, crushing more on already weakened opponent. Rear up on your back legs and bring full weight on your opponent. If opponent does the same, wrestle and flip him under you. This move makes you vulnerable to the belly rake, so requires great strength and speed.

Battle Tactics:

Approach from behind your enemy - The advantage is gaining the higher ground is that you can charge at greater speed at the enemy, who will be weakened by having to fight uphill.

Use the light from the sun - The sun should be behind you to dazzle your Use the light from the sun enemy. In green leaf, the midday sun is especially bright and cruel to cats who are used to sulking under the cover of the trees. In leaf bare, the low sun hovers around the eye line like a troublesome bee, keep your enemy from facing it, and they'll have trouble seeing an attacker from any direction.

Know were the wind is coming from - If there is a strong wind, it should be blow from behind you toward the enemy, blinding them with dust and holding them back like a current of a river. If you wish to preserve the element of surprise, the wind should blow from the enemy position toward you so your scent is carried away from them.

Conceal the size of your force - The number of cats in your battle patrols can be hidden to confuse the enemy from a distance. Cats packed tightly together will appear as a small attacking force, encouraging the enemy to be over confidant and make poor strategic decisions. Alternatively, is cats are spread out in signal file, they will look like a solid border of warriors, which will seem impenetrable to an advancing enemy.

Attack from both ends of the Enemy first - If both ends of the enemy line are defeated, the cats in the center of the line will have to fight the two fronts. Even if they are outnumbered, the will be out flanked, vulnerable, and in disarray.

Keep fresh warriors in reserve - Always have adequate reserves of fresh, fit warriors behind the battle line. They will be able to replace injured warriors, launch a separate attack if the enemy tries to encircle your forces, or fend off a surprise enemy from the rear. If the battle is in your favor, finish it by sending your reserve warriors behind the enemy line to surround them and demand surrender.

Feigned retreat and ambush - A group of strong cats charges at the enemy, screeching, then turns and withdraws. Repeat this until the infuriated enemy finally breaks it's line and gives chase. Then the trap is sprung. Other warriors positioned in rabbit holes and other dips in the ground-out of enemy eyes line- attack as soon as your opponents have gone past. The enemy will be forced to stop and turn around to fight the unexpected threat, as they do the retreating cats must turn and charge back at them with full speed. The enemy is caught between two bodies of attacking cats and will quickly surrender.

Water Combat:

Double-Front-Paw - Splashes water into the face of the enemy.

Underwater Leg Sweep (Front of Hind) - The opponent will not see it coming under the water so won’t have a chance to brace himself before losing his balance.

Push-Down and Release - Almost all non-XeoClan cats panic if they are submerged, while XeoClan cats know how to hold their breath underwater. This move can be used to secure a decisive victory, because it’s most likely to make the opponent surrender.

Underwater Clinch - Uses warrior’s weight to hold the opponent below the surface, with a firm grip that enables the warrior to bring his enemy spluttering back to the surface before forcing him under again.

Tail Splash - Temporarily blinds opponent by flicking water in his eyes.

Underwater Push-Off - Crouching and erupting out of the water into opponents, using surprise and impact to knock him off balance.

Sandpaw Splash - Using noise of water splashed at a distance to create a decoy, leaving opportunity for a surprise attack.

Above-Ground Combat:

The Sky-Crusher - Landing with all four feet on top of an opponent, flattening him like a leaf.

The Flick-Over - Landing with front paws outstretched to sweep the opponent off his feet and roll him onto his back.

The Kick - Kicking down hard as the warrior nears the ground, then using momentum from landing to spring away before the opponent can retaliate.

The Slice - Dropping down with claws unsheathed for maximum injury.

The Branch Swing - Holding on to the branch with front claws and swinging hind legs into the opponent’s face.

The Reverse Branch Swing - Holding on to the branch with back claws and striking with front legs through the swing.

The Trunk Swing - Sliding down the trunk and springing off at head height, using hind legs to push off and clear opponents. (Good if tree is surrounded.)

The Reverse Climb - Climbing backward up the trunk as the opponent advances to gain advantage of height; often followed by Trunk Swing.

Surprised?

Move quietly and communicate using tail-signals. Cracking twigs, startling birds, and rustling bracken will tell the enemy exactly where you are.
Keep downwind of the trespassers so that your scent doesn’t give you away.
Look for freshly broken twigs, overturned leaves on the forest floor, remains of prey, or a clump of fur caught on a bramble. Any animal that moves through the forest leaves behind signs that it’s passed-and signs like this could lead you straight to the invaders.
Keep your mouth open to search for unfamiliar scents. Be careful: If there is scent when there is no breeze to carry it through the forest, it could mean that your enemy is very close by.
Light-colored pelts are easily seen against brown and green foliage, so stay in the thickest cover. Keep low-the enemy will be looking for movement at normal head height, not close to the ground.
Never miss an opportunity to perfect your tracking ability. In the nursery, kits sneak up on their mothers and pounce with their moss-soft paws. Apprentices leap out on one another from behind bushes and tree stumps. These are more than just games. One day, these skills could save your life and defend your Clan.

Some common types of Predator/Other Animals:

Foxes - Russet-red fur, bushy tails, sharp teeth, and pointed noses. Look a bit like dogs. Live in dens, often in sandy ground hidden by undergrowth. Live alone or with their cubs. Mean, suspicious, and hostile, they don’t eat cats, but they will kill for pleasure and not just for prey. They hunt mostly at night and have a strong and unpleasant smell.

Badgers - Large, white short black fur and a white stripe down their long, pointed muzzles. Small, beady eyes, powerful shoulders, and sharp claws. Live in either caves or sets, which are tunnels underground, bushes, or tree roots. Badgers sometimes prey on young kits. Can trample their victims with enormous paws or deliver a deadly bite. Have tremendously powerful jaws that make it nearly impossible to escape their grip.

Dogs - Size varies from that of a kit to a pony. Fur can be long or short, white, brown, black, gray, or a mix. Can have pointy or flat noses, droopy or sharp ears. Make loud, angry noises and love chasing cats. Live mostly in Twoleg nests or barns. Wild dogs might sleep anywhere. Loud, fast, and sharp-toothed. Many dogs seem to be devoted to their Twolegs and are seen only in Twoleg company. There is a theory that most dogs are too dim-witted to be truly dangerous. Packs of dogs are always to be feared.

Birds of Prey - Winged predators with hooked beaks and sharp, curving talons, these include hawks, eagles, falcons, and owls. Nest in hollows or branches of trees, or on the ledges of cliffs. Extremely sharp vision for spotting prey from a distance. Hawks and eagles are daytime hunters; owls hunt at night. They swoop down from the sky to carry off prey, which includes kits.

Horses/Sheep/Cows - Four-legged farm creatures. Horses are tall and swift with flowing manes and tails and giant, pounding hooves. Sheep look like fluffy white clouds dotted across a green field. Cows can be black and white or brown, and their hooves are to be avoided. Large fenced fields and sometimes hay-filled Twoleg barns. Mostly harmless. However, take caution passing through their fields. A galloping horse or stampeding herd of cows would trample a cat without even noticing.

Rats - Brown-furred and beady-eyed rodents, with long, furless tails and sharp front teeth. Not much bigger than kits. Live in garbage dumps or anywhere they can scavenge Twoleg food. Live and travel in packs. Individually they pose no threat to cats, but their numbers are often overwhelming, and bites can cause infection. A single rat can contaminate a whole Clan.

Twolegs - Tall, smooth-skinned creatures with some fur on their heads. Walk on two legs. Live in large, boxy nests with hard roofs and floors, often surrounded by tidy gardens and fences. Also known as Nofurs or Upwalkers. Twolegs ride around in monsters and seem to like dogs. They are to be avoided if possible, as they are capable of doing something unpredictable at any moment, such as tearing down a tree, starting a fire, or locking up a cat for no reason.

4[Important] Guide of the Clans Empty Re: [Important] Guide of the Clans Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Cherrystar

Cherrystar
Admin
RiverClan Leader

AdminRiverClan Leader

Hunting Techiniques:

⚜Tribe cats hunt in a different way from the clans. Prey hunters, who are the cats that catch prey, look for prey, and when they find it they wait. When an eagle, or other large bird appears above them, they wait for the eagle to attack the prey before pouncing on the eagle, or other large bird. Not only one cat can kill the eagle, so there are usually 2-4 cats depending on the bird.
⚜The tribe can also hunt regularly, in a river or stream, or on grass in a small forest.

Tribe Language:

⚜Beetle-brain – Friendly insult; similar to mouse-brain.
⚜Caught-prey – Prey caught by the tribe to be eaten; similar to fresh-kill.
⚜Time of Freed Water – The season of spring, known to the forest Clans as newleaf.
⚜Time of Frozen Water – The season of winter, known to the forest Clans as leaf-bare.
⚜Time of Flowing Leaves - The season of fall, known to the forest as leaf-fall.
⚜Time of Flaming Heat - The season of summer, known to the forest as greenleaf.
⚜Tribe of Endless Hunting - The tribes Ancestors.
⚜To-bes - the tribes' young cats, who would one day become either a prey-hunter or cave-guard
⚜Prey-hunters - Cats that catch prey for the clan.
⚜Cave-gaurds - Cats who protect the clan and prey hunters, and fight.
⚜Kit-mothers - Queens who nurse and take care of kits.
⚜Healer - Tribe medicine cat and leader, who has a special connection with the Tribe of Endless Hunting.

As the final post, I would like to credit Kayla1097 on the Official Warriors Website for all of this info.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum